I feel strongly about the promotion of mental health issues and how people that have mental health issues are discriminate against. Mental health problems affect many peoples lives however many people seem unaware or terribly miss-informed. This is just my first post on mental health and i wil do many more because as i have previously stated i do feel strongly about this.
Misconceptions to do with mental health and mental health problems-
- There aren’t that many people which will experience mental health issues.
- People with mental health problems are aggressive and violent.
- Young children can’t have mental health problems.
- Not everyone has mental health.
- Learning difficulties are the same as mental health problems
The truth to do with mental health and mental health problems-
- 1 in 4 people will experience mental health problems through out their lives.
- People with mental health problems tend to be the victims of other peoples violence and aggression rather than it being the other way around.
- Young children can have mental health problems although it is less likely than a teen or an adult.
- Everyone has a mental health similarly to how everyone has a physical health it is just someones mental well being.
- Mental health relates to people thoughts and feelings apposed to difficulties they have in learning.
There are many types of mental health problems such as-
- Bipolar disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- personality disorder.
That list is just a few common mental health problems however there are many more.
I would encourage people to actually look into this and understand people don’t chose to have these things, it isn’t for attention and they shouldn’t be treated differently.
Just to put this out there nothing i said was intended offend anyone, merely to inform.